Saturday, January 29, 2011

Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies mascara and Carly Cristman inspired hair

I have been trying out the Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies mascara for the past two weeks; a mascara which Maybelline describes as false lash glam in a tube and promises 300% more visible lashes. I got mine in blackest black from Priceline when they were having a Maybelline mascara sale (all for $10, I think the sale has ended now.) 
Maybelline The Falsies mascara

The first time I used it, I found the product to be too runny and wet. It made it difficult to put a second coat on and it did smudge on my face. After about a  week I found it a lot easier to apply and the product wasn't as runny as before and I started to enjoy using this mascara. I also like the spoon brush as it allows the brush to grab every single lash you have. The mascara really does lengthen and extend your lashes and clumping doesn't seem to be a problem for me. However it does tend to flake and smudge on me at the end of the day. 

Overall I like this mascara and it does make your lashes look beautifully long (the bf even asked me one day if I was wearing false lashes when I had this mascara on.) :p I do enjoy this product but I personally prefer something that is more volumising like the Covergirl Lash Blast mascara. I might try wear the two together and see how that goes.

On another note, I was watching a youtube hair tutorial video by the lovely Carly Cristman and decided to try it out. It's such a simple and easy way to jazz up your hair especially on a bad hair day. I rocked it with a bun since it's been so hot here! <3


Please click here if you would like to watch Carly's video! Enjoy :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment