Friday, January 14, 2011

Sidlefaye and Veruzchuska

I went for a haircut 2 days ago at a place called Sidlefaye in Victoria Park. The name of the place came from the names of the 2 owners, husband and wife (Sid and Lefaye). The place is lovely; chic with a touch of vintage... you can also book an appointment with them through facebook, which I thought was pretty handy :). Lefaye was the one who cut my hair, she started off by washing it and unfortunately got water all over my back. She was very apologetic and sweet about it, she even took the time to dry me off using her hairdryer. So I didn't really mind, besides it was very hot that day, my top dried right off. I liked the way she cut and styled my hair; it was a refreshing change to have my hair styled with a slight blow wave rather than the usual pin straight hair you get from other Asian hairdressers. The other thing I noticed was that they didn't try to sell me hair products as they were cutting my hair; which I thought was wonderful. The only 'complaint' I have about my experience there is that they don't accept credit cards or eftpos (I'm not sure whether this is a temporary situation as they have just opened the place.) Overall I really enjoyed getting my hair cut there and Sid and Lefaye were lovely.
Before

After

Layers, layers!
By the way here are pictures of my nails painted with Zoya 'Veruzchuska' (matte forest green). I used 1 coat of a clear base then 3 coats of the Zoya nail polish. So far so good, no signs of chipping. When you first paint your nails, the polish looks shimmery and shiny, but as it dries off it turns matte. Super cool to watch :p
With flash
No flash (I put one coat of a top coat on my pinky just to see what it'd look like)
I'm signing off!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. it is great to hear the feedback from a client.
    just to let you know that we do accept eftpos or credit cards now.
    visit www.sidlefaye.com for more news update.
    thanks

    ReplyDelete